My name is Heather Haley and I am a licensed psychotherapist (LCSW) with over 15 years of experience working with adults, children, and families. My practice is unique because I combine my extensive knowledge of psychotherapy and mindfulness practices with Soul Lightening Acupressure which is a form of energy work that can be done in person or at a distance.
Using Soul Lightening Acupressure as the structure for each session, I help clients focus on what arises naturally from their inner selves – physical sensation, emotions, thoughts, images – and we use this inner wisdom as a guide for what needs healing and attention.
Because Soul Lightening Acupressure addresses one’s whole being – body, mind, and soul/spirit, focuses on the client’s own inner wisdom to guide the process, and allows energy that has been lodged in the body from trauma or stress to flow freely again, it leads to more rapid and lasting healing than talk therapy alone, which is why I incorporate it into every session.
Through working with me using Soul Lightening Acupressure you may:
- Identify and strengthen your connection with your own inner/soul’s wisdom – you have the information inside of you to guide your own healing and development.
- Connect with your own inner wisdom, higher helpers, guides, and ancestors – relationships that can support you for the rest of your life.
- Heal and move beyond childhood conditioning and patterns of emotional reactions and begin to approach your life from the perspective of your grounded and healthy adult self.
- Discover how your inner critic and other inner voices/patterns that you developed in your early life have been working to protect you and help transform these patterns that no longer serve you into more supportive and loving inner voices.
- Transform and heal physical symptoms that may be connected to emotional patterns, past stress, or trauma. We carry memories and traumatic energy in our bodies that we can release to not only stop feeling that pain but also have that energy available to use in our lives at this moment.
- Feel deeply supported on your journey.
A typical session will start with talking together for awhile about what is coming up for you and what you want to focus on and then you will lie on a massage table face up and fully clothed while I use a gentle firm touch on acupressure points on your body. We continue to stay connected during the acupressure session while you share with me what is arising in your awareness and we look at it together. I may guide you to notice what is happening in your body, what thoughts or images are arising, and we will gently explore these together. I guide you through this process in a gentle and supportive way and we always go at your pace. After a session you will likely feel more relaxed, grounded, and centered, and have a deeper and clearer perspective on the issues that you focused on. You will likely feel lighter and have a sense of inner spaciousness.
I Offer In-Person and Remote Sessions:
I am currently seeing clients in person at my office in Petaluma. During a typical session we start by talking about what you want to focus on while we sit either outside in the garden (without wearing masks) or inside my office (with masks) and then do the acupressure work in my office (while wearing masks). Meeting in person has the benefits of feeling connected to each other that comes from sharing the same space together, receiving the healing energy from my garden, and experiencing gentle therapeutic touch. I am using all recommended protocols to reduce infection from Covid and other illnesses. I am dedicated to work with you for any specific needs you have.
I am also offering remote sessions via phone or video. The sessions, including the energy work, are very effective when done remotely. My clients have been benefiting from these remote sessions when they cannot come in person due to distance, health concerns, childcare challenges, or scheduling. Some clients meet exclusively remotely.
Please contact me to see if we are a good fit. I look forward to hearing from you.
Updated April 19, 2022